Get Peace of Mind by Finding a Boat Insurance Policy in McAllen
Although we’ve already reached the second half of the summer season, it isn’t too late to purchase a boat for a ride out to your favorite lake or on the ocean. Before you get ahead of yourself, though, make sure that your watercraft is covered with a foolproof insurance policy.
Similar to an automobile policy, boat coverage is mandatory in Texas. Both types of coverage can help you if the unfortunate ever happens, and a boat insurance policy can even prevent you from paying excessive amounts in damages in an accident. Let’s take a closer look at boat insurance in McAllen!
What a Policy Covers
Boat insurance can cover:
- Fishing boats
- Leisure crafts
However, these insurance policies do not cover:
- Jet skis
There are certain homeowners insurance policies that can cover personal watercraft, but they may be limited in coverage.
What You Should Also Know
If you were born after September 1, 1993, and you operate a boat with over 15 horsepower or one over 14 feet long, then a Texas Boating Education Course is mandatory. This state-approved safety course is available online. Once you’ve successfully completed it, you’re required to keep a Boater Education Card with you while operating your watercraft.
Knowing Your Policy
Here is what your boating policy should cover:
- Collision Damage – The cost of replacements or repairs to your watercraft. This can also cover the costs of cleanups.
- Property Damage Liability – The protection that covers other boats, piers, docks, or water structures that incurred damage in the accident your watercraft was involved in.
- Bodily Injury Liability – Provides protection if another person suffers injury from an accident caused by your watercraft. This can include medical bills, income lost because of one’s inability to work as a result of injury, and legal expenses from an accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage – Provides coverage if your watercraft is stolen, vandalized, or damaged. This coverage can also include fishing equipment and damage caused by an uninsured boater.
Our Insurance Agency in McAllen Wants to Help
Don’t spend a moment in your boat worrying about your lack of an insurance policy any longer! Contact our insurance agency in McAllen so we can help you find a policy that meets your needs and budget.
The Importance of Business Interruption Insurance During the Hurricane Season
July 31, 2020
COVID-19: Employee Health Insurance is Pivotal Now More Than Ever Before
July 10, 2020
How Your Speeding Ticket Can Affect Your Car Insurance Coverage
June 30, 2020
Fire Insurance: Why You Shouldn’t Ignore It
June 9, 2020
4 Things You Should Keep in Mind When Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st
May 29, 2020
Why You Should be Safeguarding Your Home Against the Valley’s Often Harsh Weather
May 21, 2020
Changing Car Insurance? Here Are Some Things to Keep in Mind
May 5, 2020
Let’s Debunk 4 of the Most Common Auto Insurance Myths!
April 16, 2020
COVID-19 – 4 Things You Should Know Before Buying Health Insurance
April 8, 2020
COVID-19: Why Health Insurance is a Must in 2020
March 20, 2020
- Agency News & Information
- Agriculture Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Cyber Liability
- Fire Insurance
- Flood Insurance
- Health Care
- Health Insurance
- HealthCare Reform
- Home Insurance
- Hurricane Season
- Information Security
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Personal Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Safety Tips
- Workers Compensation