Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Be Sure to Get Checked and Find a Policy with Us
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It’s the perfect time to make an appointment with your doctor for a checkup since recent breast cancer rates have proven to be alarming:
- One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Second to skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in the United States.
- In 2017, over 252,000 cases were diagnosed in women.
- Last year, over 40,000 women died from the illness.
Early Detection is Key
For early detection, monthly self-examinations and regularly-scheduled breast exams and mammograms are extremely important.
- When detected early, the five-year relative survival rate is 100%. Since 1989, a woman’s risk of dying from breast cancer has fallen 39%.
- Breast cancer can be diagnosed with mammograms, ultrasounds, biopsies and MRIs.
- If you have a family history of breast cancer, you should consider some form of testing beginning at least 10 years before the age of your affected relative’s diagnosis.
Reduce Your Risks
Although cancer is not completely preventable, some healthier habits can reduce your risk.
- Stay physically active
- Maintain a healthy weight and balanced diet
- Don’t smoke
- Limit alcohol consumption
When trying to prevent any illness, maintaining a healthy lifestyle is definitely recommended, but having a safety net like a healthcare plan is a must. At Shepard Walton King, we can help you chose a plan that’s catered to you that includes several coverage options:
- Insurance for both minor and severe illnesses, from cancers and heart attacks to other major diseases.
- Medical insurance to protect you in an accident.
- Disability plans, both short- and long-term.
- Vision insurance for eyewear and contact lenses.
- Dental insurance for check-ups and dental surgeries.
Contact Us Today
Why You Should be Safeguarding Your Home Against the Valley’s Often Harsh Weather
May 21, 2020
Changing Car Insurance? Here Are Some Things to Keep in Mind
May 5, 2020
Let’s Debunk 4 of the Most Common Auto Insurance Myths!
April 16, 2020
COVID-19 – 4 Things You Should Know Before Buying Health Insurance
April 8, 2020
COVID-19: Why Health Insurance is a Must in 2020
March 20, 2020
3 Easy Steps You Can Take to Stay Safe During That Much-Needed Spring Break Trip!
March 9, 2020
A Watchful Eye: Don’t Fall for Car Insurance Scams!
February 24, 2020
Planning a Company Event? If So, Protect Your Business with an Insurance Plan!
February 10, 2020
5 Key Factors That Can Determine Your Car Insurance Payment Amount
January 31, 2020
Keep Your Home Safe with These 4 Easy Steps When Gone for a Weekend Getaway!
January 21, 2020
- Agency News & Information
- Agriculture Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Cyber Liability
- Flood Insurance
- Health Care
- Health Insurance
- HealthCare Reform
- Home Insurance
- Hurricane Season
- Information Security
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Personal Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Safety Tips
- Workers Compensation