Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Be Sure to Get Checked and Find a Policy with Us
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It’s the perfect time to make an appointment with your doctor for a checkup since recent breast cancer rates have proven to be alarming:
- One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Second to skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in the United States.
- In 2017, over 252,000 cases were diagnosed in women.
- Last year, over 40,000 women died from the illness.
Early Detection is Key
For early detection, monthly self-examinations and regularly-scheduled breast exams and mammograms are extremely important.
- When detected early, the five-year relative survival rate is 100%. Since 1989, a woman’s risk of dying from breast cancer has fallen 39%.
- Breast cancer can be diagnosed with mammograms, ultrasounds, biopsies and MRIs.
- If you have a family history of breast cancer, you should consider some form of testing beginning at least 10 years before the age of your affected relative’s diagnosis.
Reduce Your Risks
Although cancer is not completely preventable, some healthier habits can reduce your risk.
- Stay physically active
- Maintain a healthy weight and balanced diet
- Don’t smoke
- Limit alcohol consumption
When trying to prevent any illness, maintaining a healthy lifestyle is definitely recommended, but having a safety net like a healthcare plan is a must. At Shepard Walton King, we can help you chose a plan that’s catered to you that includes several coverage options:
- Insurance for both minor and severe illnesses, from cancers and heart attacks to other major diseases.
- Medical insurance to protect you in an accident.
- Disability plans, both short- and long-term.
- Vision insurance for eyewear and contact lenses.
- Dental insurance for check-ups and dental surgeries.
Contact Us Today
Your Business Matters, Especially During Hurricane Season – Part 2
October 19, 2020
Your Business Matters, Especially During Hurricane Season – Part 1
September 29, 2020
4 Things to Know Before Your Late Summer RV Shopping Quest
September 18, 2020
4 Things You Should Keep in Mind When Severe Weather Strikes
September 8, 2020
4 Important Insurance Policies That Every Millennial Should Have
August 14, 2020
The Importance of Business Interruption Insurance During the Hurricane Season
July 31, 2020
COVID-19: Employee Health Insurance is Pivotal Now More Than Ever Before
July 10, 2020
How Your Speeding Ticket Can Affect Your Car Insurance Coverage
June 30, 2020
Fire Insurance: Why You Shouldn’t Ignore It
June 9, 2020
4 Things You Should Keep in Mind When Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st
May 29, 2020
- Agency News & Information
- Agriculture Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Cyber Liability
- Fire Insurance
- Flood Insurance
- Health Care
- Health Insurance
- HealthCare Reform
- Home Insurance
- Hurricane Season
- Information Security
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Personal Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Safety Tips
- Workers Compensation