For the New Year, Be Sure and Secure That Much-Needed Homeowners Insurance Policy
There’s an old saying in Texas that goes, “If you don’t like the weather, just wait five minutes and it’ll change.” Any Texan can tell you that this is very true. We live in an unpredictable climate and the best preparation is to make sure that your property and items are ready for any change in weather.
Since it’s the beginning of 2019, it’s very important to have a homeowner’s insurance policy in place for the unexpected. If you haven’t secured one with the help of our insurance agency in McAllen yet, then don’t worry. We’re here to help you!
Four Insurance Features to Keep in Mind
Here are four major portions of a homeowners insurance policy that you should consider before starting your search:
- Liability Insurance – This part of an insurance policy will protect you if someone is hurt on your property. This means covering the medical bills or other costs of the person who was injured on your property.
- Dwelling Insurance – This coverage option goes into effect in the event of a fire, theft, vandalism, or any other incident that results in the damage or theft of your belongings.
- Temporary Living Expenses – If something has occurred on your property that renders it uninhabitable, then this option can help out with temporary living expenses. This can include the costs for a hotel, food, and transportation.
- Personal Property Insurance – Finally, this portion of a homeowners insurance policy will cover personal items that require more protection. For example, if you own an expensive jewelry set or have a rare collection of prized items like stamps or baseball cards, then a personal property insurance policy can help.
Contact Us for a Free Home Insurance Quote
Accidents can happen and the last thing you’ll want to be is not prepared. Just think of Hurricane Harvey. This natural disaster affected millions and was responsible for over a billion dollars in damages.
Contact our insurance agents in McAllen today to learn more about what we can do for you!
Homeowners Insurance in Texas is a Must and Here’s Why
April 2, 2021
If You Haven’t Already, Upgrade Your Homeowners Insurance for 2021!
March 19, 2021
3 Child Safety Tips That All Parents Should Keep in Mind
March 9, 2021
Texas Winters Are the Perfect Time to Check for Roof Leaks
March 5, 2021
5 Things You Should do When Filing an Insurance Claim
February 19, 2021
Candle Safety Guidelines to Help Keep Your Home Safe
February 3, 2021
Six Signs That Your Insurer Doesn’t Have Your Back
January 20, 2021
The COVID-19 Boom in Motorcycling and Why Insurance is a Must
January 5, 2021
What the New Driver in Your Family Should do Before Getting Behind the Wheel
December 14, 2020
Ensure that Your Company Fleet is Taken Care of with Commercial Auto Insurance
December 3, 2020
- Agency News & Information
- Agriculture Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Cyber Liability
- Fire Insurance
- Flood Insurance
- Health Care
- Health Insurance
- HealthCare Reform
- Home Insurance
- Hurricane Season
- Information Security
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Personal Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Safety Tips
- Workers Compensation