For the New Year, Be Sure and Secure That Much-Needed Homeowners Insurance Policy
There’s an old saying in Texas that goes, “If you don’t like the weather, just wait five minutes and it’ll change.” Any Texan can tell you that this is very true. We live in an unpredictable climate and the best preparation is to make sure that your property and items are ready for any change in weather.
Since it’s the beginning of 2019, it’s very important to have a homeowner’s insurance policy in place for the unexpected. If you haven’t secured one with the help of our insurance agency in McAllen yet, then don’t worry. We’re here to help you!
Four Insurance Features to Keep in Mind
Here are four major portions of a homeowners insurance policy that you should consider before starting your search:
- Liability Insurance – This part of an insurance policy will protect you if someone is hurt on your property. This means covering the medical bills or other costs of the person who was injured on your property.
- Dwelling Insurance – This coverage option goes into effect in the event of a fire, theft, vandalism, or any other incident that results in the damage or theft of your belongings.
- Temporary Living Expenses – If something has occurred on your property that renders it uninhabitable, then this option can help out with temporary living expenses. This can include the costs for a hotel, food, and transportation.
- Personal Property Insurance – Finally, this portion of a homeowners insurance policy will cover personal items that require more protection. For example, if you own an expensive jewelry set or have a rare collection of prized items like stamps or baseball cards, then a personal property insurance policy can help.
Contact Us for a Free Home Insurance Quote
Accidents can happen and the last thing you’ll want to be is not prepared. Just think of Hurricane Harvey. This natural disaster affected millions and was responsible for over a billion dollars in damages.
Contact our insurance agents in McAllen today to learn more about what we can do for you!
Why You Should be Safeguarding Your Home Against the Valley’s Often Harsh Weather
May 21, 2020
Changing Car Insurance? Here Are Some Things to Keep in Mind
May 5, 2020
Let’s Debunk 4 of the Most Common Auto Insurance Myths!
April 16, 2020
COVID-19 – 4 Things You Should Know Before Buying Health Insurance
April 8, 2020
COVID-19: Why Health Insurance is a Must in 2020
March 20, 2020
3 Easy Steps You Can Take to Stay Safe During That Much-Needed Spring Break Trip!
March 9, 2020
A Watchful Eye: Don’t Fall for Car Insurance Scams!
February 24, 2020
Planning a Company Event? If So, Protect Your Business with an Insurance Plan!
February 10, 2020
5 Key Factors That Can Determine Your Car Insurance Payment Amount
January 31, 2020
Keep Your Home Safe with These 4 Easy Steps When Gone for a Weekend Getaway!
January 21, 2020
- Agency News & Information
- Agriculture Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Cyber Liability
- Flood Insurance
- Health Care
- Health Insurance
- HealthCare Reform
- Home Insurance
- Hurricane Season
- Information Security
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Personal Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Safety Tips
- Workers Compensation