Keep Your Home Secure with a Homeowners Insurance Policy During the Holidays!
Recently, the headlines have been dominated by the devastating wildfires in California. Over 250,000 acres were burned and over 13,000 structures or homes were lost to the fires statewide. This kind of tragedy could turn anyone’s life upside down, which is why having homeowners insurance is so critical. Although this tragedy occurred in California, know that Texas can also be subjected to devastating natural disasters. Our insurance agents in McAllen want to help you protect your home.
What is Homeowners Insurance?
A common homeowners insurance policy has four major components:
- Dwelling Insurance – Possibly the most important part of a homeowners insurance policy is the dwelling insurance portion. This will help you protect your home in the event of a fire, vandalism or theft.
- Liability Insurance – This part of the homeowners policy covers you and your home if someone is injured on your property.
- Personal Property Insurance – Personal property coverage can protect you if you have prized possessions like expensive jewelry or a specialized collection like stamps.
- Temporary Living Expenses – This is when your home is left uninhabitable by a disaster or accident and you have to resort to temporary housing. Temporary living expenses can help cover this expense.
‘Tis the Season for Coverage!
A house fire can happen at any time, but they are more likely to occur during the coldest months of the year.
- According to the American Red Cross, one in 22 homes catches on fire as a result of a Christmas tree.
- One out of four Christmas tree fires is caused by an electrical problem.
- A heat source, such as an outlet with multiple electrical devices plugged into it, can short out and cause a Christmas tree to catch fire.
- Another main cause of a winter fire is when people try to warm up their homes with a floor or space heater without giving it enough space.
Get Covered Today
Shepard Walton King has over 80 years of combined experience in protecting homeowners with insurance policies, and they can help you protect yours, too. Contact our insurance agency in McAllen today to get started on your search.
Homeowners Insurance in Texas is a Must and Here’s Why
April 2, 2021
If You Haven’t Already, Upgrade Your Homeowners Insurance for 2021!
March 19, 2021
3 Child Safety Tips That All Parents Should Keep in Mind
March 9, 2021
Texas Winters Are the Perfect Time to Check for Roof Leaks
March 5, 2021
5 Things You Should do When Filing an Insurance Claim
February 19, 2021
Candle Safety Guidelines to Help Keep Your Home Safe
February 3, 2021
Six Signs That Your Insurer Doesn’t Have Your Back
January 20, 2021
The COVID-19 Boom in Motorcycling and Why Insurance is a Must
January 5, 2021
What the New Driver in Your Family Should do Before Getting Behind the Wheel
December 14, 2020
Ensure that Your Company Fleet is Taken Care of with Commercial Auto Insurance
December 3, 2020
- Agency News & Information
- Agriculture Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Cyber Liability
- Fire Insurance
- Flood Insurance
- Health Care
- Health Insurance
- HealthCare Reform
- Home Insurance
- Hurricane Season
- Information Security
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Personal Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Safety Tips
- Workers Compensation