Keep Your Home Secure with a Homeowners Insurance Policy During the Holidays!
Recently, the headlines have been dominated by the devastating wildfires in California. Over 250,000 acres were burned and over 13,000 structures or homes were lost to the fires statewide. This kind of tragedy could turn anyone’s life upside down, which is why having homeowners insurance is so critical. Although this tragedy occurred in California, know that Texas can also be subjected to devastating natural disasters. Our insurance agents in McAllen want to help you protect your home.
What is Homeowners Insurance?
A common homeowners insurance policy has four major components:
- Dwelling Insurance – Possibly the most important part of a homeowners insurance policy is the dwelling insurance portion. This will help you protect your home in the event of a fire, vandalism or theft.
- Liability Insurance – This part of the homeowners policy covers you and your home if someone is injured on your property.
- Personal Property Insurance – Personal property coverage can protect you if you have prized possessions like expensive jewelry or a specialized collection like stamps.
- Temporary Living Expenses – This is when your home is left uninhabitable by a disaster or accident and you have to resort to temporary housing. Temporary living expenses can help cover this expense.
‘Tis the Season for Coverage!
A house fire can happen at any time, but they are more likely to occur during the coldest months of the year.
- According to the American Red Cross, one in 22 homes catches on fire as a result of a Christmas tree.
- One out of four Christmas tree fires is caused by an electrical problem.
- A heat source, such as an outlet with multiple electrical devices plugged into it, can short out and cause a Christmas tree to catch fire.
- Another main cause of a winter fire is when people try to warm up their homes with a floor or space heater without giving it enough space.
Get Covered Today
Shepard Walton King has over 80 years of combined experience in protecting homeowners with insurance policies, and they can help you protect yours, too. Contact our insurance agency in McAllen today to get started on your search.
Why You Should be Safeguarding Your Home Against the Valley’s Often Harsh Weather
May 21, 2020
Changing Car Insurance? Here Are Some Things to Keep in Mind
May 5, 2020
Let’s Debunk 4 of the Most Common Auto Insurance Myths!
April 16, 2020
COVID-19 – 4 Things You Should Know Before Buying Health Insurance
April 8, 2020
COVID-19: Why Health Insurance is a Must in 2020
March 20, 2020
3 Easy Steps You Can Take to Stay Safe During That Much-Needed Spring Break Trip!
March 9, 2020
A Watchful Eye: Don’t Fall for Car Insurance Scams!
February 24, 2020
Planning a Company Event? If So, Protect Your Business with an Insurance Plan!
February 10, 2020
5 Key Factors That Can Determine Your Car Insurance Payment Amount
January 31, 2020
Keep Your Home Safe with These 4 Easy Steps When Gone for a Weekend Getaway!
January 21, 2020
- Agency News & Information
- Agriculture Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Cyber Liability
- Flood Insurance
- Health Care
- Health Insurance
- HealthCare Reform
- Home Insurance
- Hurricane Season
- Information Security
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Personal Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Safety Tips
- Workers Compensation