Hurricane Season 2021: Get the Coverage You Need at Our McAllen Insurance Agency!
2020’s hurricane season was one of the most active to date with a total of 30 record-breaking storms. Now, according to a forecast from Colorado State University, we may be looking at yet another busy season this year.
If you’re in Texas, this means torrential rains, flash floods, and damages to homes and businesses all around. Our insurance agency in McAllen knows just how damaging the hurricane season can be. It’s the reason why we want you to be prepared and safe during the hurricane season, which runs from June 1st until November 30th.
Readying Your Home
Working in the hot sun to prepare your home may sound unappealing, but trust us, it’s worth it:
- Begin by securing your windows. Board them up with plywood to protect them from debris. Remember, you can also use a thick tarp.
- You can use sandbags to prevent flooding in your home. Your city will likely provide them for free at a designated area if a storm is expected.
- If you have outdoor furniture, potted plants, or other belongings that aren’t fastened to the ground, make sure to secure them. Either bring them into your home, place them in your garage, or use a tarp to protect them if they’re too heavy to lift.
Your Family is a Priority
Your family is, without a doubt, your biggest priority. Here are a few steps to keep them as safe as possible if a storm strikes:
- Gather at least three days’ worth of food and bottled water
- Keep a battery-powered radio and portable phone chargers handy
- Gather candles, flashlights, and extra batteries for potential outages
- Have a fully stocked first aid kit ready at all times
- Safely make your way to a shelter if it feels like a better option for you and your loved ones
Find Insurance in McAllen
One of the biggest dangers of hurricane season is the damage it can cause to the things you hold dear. Avoid any headaches and emotional distress by protecting your home and belongings with the right insurance coverage. If you don’t know where to start, then our insurance agents are ready to answer your questions and provide the coverage that best fits your needs. Contact us in McAllen today for more information about what we can do for you.
Yes! You Can Get Harlingen Insurance for Your Business Against Cyber Attacks
May 24, 2022
Harlingen Commercial Auto Insurance: Protect Your Company’s Biggest Asset with Shepard Walton King
May 11, 2022
Get the Best Commercial Insurance in Harlingen with Shepard Walton King
April 21, 2022
What Exactly Does Church Insurance in McAllen Entail?
April 14, 2022
Use These 3 Vacation Travel Tips to Keep You Safe on the Road
March 25, 2022
Ensure Your Home Is Spring Break Ready with Homeowners Insurance
March 10, 2022
4 Factors That Can Cause Your McAllen Insurance Policy Rates to Change
February 17, 2022
3 Factors to Consider When Getting the Health Insurance Plan that Fits You
February 11, 2022
In 2022 Gym Hygiene is More Important Than Ever – Part 2
January 25, 2022
In 2022 Gym Hygiene is More Important Than Ever – Part 1
January 11, 2022
- Agency News & Information
- Agriculture Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Church Insurance
- Cyber Liability
- Fire Insurance
- Flood Insurance
- Health Care
- Health Insurance
- HealthCare Reform
- Home Insurance
- Hurricane Season
- Information Security
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Personal Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Safety Tips
- Workers Compensation