Our Insurance Agency in McAllen Wants for You to Practice Fourth of July Safety
Independence Day is upon us, and that means it’s time for barbecues, pool parties, and, of course, fireworks. This time of year can also be a dangerous one. According to the National Safety Council, fireworks are the cause of 18,500 annual fires each year, including 1,300 structural fires and 300 vehicle fires.
Back in 2017, over 12,000 people were injured and eight were killed in firework-related incidents. With these alarming numbers, practice firework safety and ensure that you have a foolproof health insurance policy in place.
Firecracker Safety Tips
Let’s have fun with fireworks but in a safe manner. If you’re not sure what to look out for when popping your firecrackers, here’s a list of safety tips that could prevent your Independence Day from becoming a nightmare:
- Make sure that fireworks are legal in your area. Some cities have banned them, but if yours allows them, pop them on non-busy streets or your driveway and never on grass or in empty lots.
- Never allow young children to light fireworks on their own. Sparklers, for example, are very popular with kids, but know that they can reach 2,000 degrees. Be observant of them and never leave your child unattended while they handle one.
- Never use fireworks while under the influence of alcohol.
- Use a water hose or full bucket to put out any fires. If the situation becomes serious, dial 911.
- NEVER touch or reignite malfunctioned fireworks. If one happens to fizzle out after being lit, wait for a minute before pouring water on it.
- Be sure to spray down spent fireworks with a water hose before throwing them away.
Be Safe on the Fourth of July and Beyond
No matter how well prepared you are insurance-wise, accidents can still happen. This is why it’s good to be prepared with an up-to-date health insurance plan. Contact our insurance agents in McAllen today to get started on your search.
Your Business Matters, Especially During Hurricane Season – Part 1
September 29, 2020
4 Things to Know Before Your Late Summer RV Shopping Quest
September 18, 2020
4 Things You Should Keep in Mind When Severe Weather Strikes
September 8, 2020
4 Important Insurance Policies That Every Millennial Should Have
August 14, 2020
The Importance of Business Interruption Insurance During the Hurricane Season
July 31, 2020
COVID-19: Employee Health Insurance is Pivotal Now More Than Ever Before
July 10, 2020
How Your Speeding Ticket Can Affect Your Car Insurance Coverage
June 30, 2020
Fire Insurance: Why You Shouldn’t Ignore It
June 9, 2020
4 Things You Should Keep in Mind When Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st
May 29, 2020
Why You Should be Safeguarding Your Home Against the Valley’s Often Harsh Weather
May 21, 2020
- Agency News & Information
- Agriculture Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Cyber Liability
- Fire Insurance
- Flood Insurance
- Health Care
- Health Insurance
- HealthCare Reform
- Home Insurance
- Hurricane Season
- Information Security
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Personal Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Safety Tips
- Workers Compensation