Our Insurance Agency in McAllen Wants for You to Practice Fourth of July Safety
Independence Day is upon us, and that means it’s time for barbecues, pool parties, and, of course, fireworks. This time of year can also be a dangerous one. According to the National Safety Council, fireworks are the cause of 18,500 annual fires each year, including 1,300 structural fires and 300 vehicle fires.
Back in 2017, over 12,000 people were injured and eight were killed in firework-related incidents. With these alarming numbers, it’s always best to practice firework safety and ensuring that you have a fool-proof health insurance policy in place.
Firecracker Safety Tips
Let’s have fun with fireworks but in a safe manner. If you’re not sure what to look out for when popping your firecrackers, here’s a list of safety tips that could prevent your Independence Day from becoming a nightmare:
- Make sure that fireworks are legal in your area. Some cities have banned them, but if yours allows them, pop them on non-busy streets or your driveway and never on grass or in empty lots.
- Never allow young children to light fireworks on their own. Sparklers, for example, are very popular with kids, but know that they can reach 2,000 degrees. Always be observant of them and never leave your child unattended while they handle one.
- Never use fireworks while under the influence of alcohol.
- Use a water hose or full bucket to put out any fires. If the situation becomes serious, dial 911.
- NEVER touch or reignite malfunctioned fireworks. If one happens to fizzle out after being lit, wait for a minute before pouring water on it.
- Be sure to spray down spent fireworks with a water hose before throwing them away.
Be Safe on the Fourth of July and Beyond
No matter how well prepared you are insurance-wise, accidents can still happen. This is why it’s always good to be prepared with an up-to-date health insurance plan. Contact our insurance agents in McAllen today to get started on your search.
Keep Your Home Safe with These 4 Easy Steps When Gone for a Weekend Getaway!
January 21, 2020
In 2020, Resolve to Finally Get the Insurance Coverage You Need!
January 2, 2020
To All Business Owners, Here is a Brief Overview of the Different Types of Commercial Coverage
December 10, 2019
For Those Lacking Auto Insurance, Here Are 4 Reasons to Get Covered Today!
November 26, 2019
Does Your Homeowners Insurance Policy Cover Your Possessions in Case of a Burglary?
November 11, 2019
For Business Owners, We Want to Help You Find the Best Employee Health Insurance Coverage
October 18, 2019
Only a Secure Flood Insurance Policy Can Help You Avoid the Nightmare of Dealing with Repairs!
September 26, 2019
A New School Year Means Safe Driving Through School Zones and the Importance of Auto Insurance!
September 10, 2019
August is National Eye Exam Month, Make Sure You Have Insurance!
August 14, 2019
Get Peace of Mind by Finding the Perfect Boat Insurance Policy in McAllen
July 22, 2019
- Agency News & Information
- Agriculture Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Cyber Liability
- Flood Insurance
- Health Care
- HealthCare Reform
- Home Insurance
- Hurricane Season
- Information Security
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Personal Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Safety Tips
- Workers Compensation