Our Insurance Agency in McAllen Wants for You to Practice Fourth of July Safety
Independence Day is upon us, and that means it’s time for barbecues, pool parties, and, of course, fireworks. This time of year can also be a dangerous one. According to the National Safety Council, fireworks are the cause of 18,500 annual fires each year, including 1,300 structural fires and 300 vehicle fires.
Back in 2017, over 12,000 people were injured and eight were killed in firework-related incidents. With these alarming numbers, practice firework safety and ensure that you have a foolproof health insurance policy in place.
Firecracker Safety Tips
Let’s have fun with fireworks but in a safe manner. If you’re not sure what to look out for when popping your firecrackers, here’s a list of safety tips that could prevent your Independence Day from becoming a nightmare:
- Make sure that fireworks are legal in your area. Some cities have banned them, but if yours allows them, pop them on non-busy streets or your driveway and never on grass or in empty lots.
- Never allow young children to light fireworks on their own. Sparklers, for example, are very popular with kids, but know that they can reach 2,000 degrees. Be observant of them and never leave your child unattended while they handle one.
- Never use fireworks while under the influence of alcohol.
- Use a water hose or full bucket to put out any fires. If the situation becomes serious, dial 911.
- NEVER touch or reignite malfunctioned fireworks. If one happens to fizzle out after being lit, wait for a minute before pouring water on it.
- Be sure to spray down spent fireworks with a water hose before throwing them away.
Be Safe on the Fourth of July and Beyond
No matter how well prepared you are insurance-wise, accidents can still happen. This is why it’s good to be prepared with an up-to-date health insurance plan. Contact our insurance agents in McAllen today to get started on your search.
Driving Safety Tips from Our McAllen Insurance Agency
September 15, 2022
Back to School: Road Safety Tips from our McAllen Insurance Company
September 8, 2022
Do You Need Insurance for Your Business in Harlingen?
August 26, 2022
6 Possible Business Insurance McAllen Policies You Need
August 17, 2022
Top 3 Reasons Why Insurance Coverage Matters for Your Harlingen Business
July 25, 2022
Hurricane Season Means Business Preparedness
July 4, 2022
Yes! You Can Get Harlingen Insurance for Your Business Against Cyber Attacks
May 24, 2022
Harlingen Commercial Auto Insurance: Protect Your Company’s Biggest Asset with Shepard Walton King
May 11, 2022
Get the Best Commercial Insurance in Harlingen with Shepard Walton King
April 21, 2022
What Exactly Does Church Insurance in McAllen Entail?
April 14, 2022
- Agency News & Information
- Agriculture Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Church Insurance
- Commercial Insurance
- Cyber Liability
- Fire Insurance
- Flood Insurance
- Health Care
- Health Insurance
- HealthCare Reform
- Home Insurance
- Hurricane Season
- Information Security
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Personal Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Safety Tips
- Workers Compensation